The foothills are a wild place. At night I can see fires dashing over the grass far in the distance, and pouring over the lip of the mountain, but when I approach the grass is green and the mountain is as un-lava-y as ever. The winds blow so strongly but the trees do not shake and lights glitter in the woods. I've set up camp outside Warlic's tent. It is nighttime right now, my lamp is burning low and I can hear the frogs singing so loudly I really can't sleep. Plus some strange music coming from Nythera's little tent.
Warlic is an epic mage. I've seen him teaching Nythera in the distance and I've come close to watch and his magic is so powerful, but I can see how he's restraining himself. He's sad, too, when you get close. But when I approached him to discuss the dragon eggs he gave me his full attention immediately. Clueing me in to the fact that I'm in a story of legendary proportions. The Black Dragon Box had the egg that could destroy all mankind. But I need to be a Dragonlord. I know I can change it.
This note is so much more serious but I'm really in a serious mood now. The White Dragon Box holds the egg that will save all mankind. But no one knows where it is. I have four eggs now, three Vultragon and one dragon egg, and they're sitting across from me. They're all smooth and dark ruby red with black poxes on them, and the light scatters across them magically. But only one is actually magical. Warlic has a method to find out which one is which. It involves summoning a a Doom-creature that is able to detect it, and then banishing it before it is able to eat the egg. Warlic assures me my weapons won't be strong enough to kill it and I'm not about to risk my egg getting swallowed. I need a water weapon, because apparently Doom animals don't like it. Or this one doesn't. So I'm staking out here while I help Warlic out with his jobs that he's willing to pay me for, mainly because I want loot and I hesitate to bring the eggs back to Falconreach, where they'll be so easily stolen.
Warlic is an epic mage. I've seen him teaching Nythera in the distance and I've come close to watch and his magic is so powerful, but I can see how he's restraining himself. He's sad, too, when you get close. But when I approached him to discuss the dragon eggs he gave me his full attention immediately. Clueing me in to the fact that I'm in a story of legendary proportions. The Black Dragon Box had the egg that could destroy all mankind. But I need to be a Dragonlord. I know I can change it.
This note is so much more serious but I'm really in a serious mood now. The White Dragon Box holds the egg that will save all mankind. But no one knows where it is. I have four eggs now, three Vultragon and one dragon egg, and they're sitting across from me. They're all smooth and dark ruby red with black poxes on them, and the light scatters across them magically. But only one is actually magical. Warlic has a method to find out which one is which. It involves summoning a a Doom-creature that is able to detect it, and then banishing it before it is able to eat the egg. Warlic assures me my weapons won't be strong enough to kill it and I'm not about to risk my egg getting swallowed. I need a water weapon, because apparently Doom animals don't like it. Or this one doesn't. So I'm staking out here while I help Warlic out with his jobs that he's willing to pay me for, mainly because I want loot and I hesitate to bring the eggs back to Falconreach, where they'll be so easily stolen.
Comments
Post a Comment